this toturial was given by J3ster i am just copy/pasting it
i just found something that lets us convert our anime in something much better than the .rm-format and archieve a much better quality with the same filesize.
So here we go:
First of all you have to download the programm you have to encode your anime with: it is called "Mediacoder" (completely freeware) and you can download itHere Megaupload
Just pick the latest version.
Install the programm and see if it starts correctly.
Then you should see this
Sorry, but the text is in german as it is my native language. but originally the programm is in english.
1. Click here to add a new file to your to do list. It opens every file format i tried so far, so no worries there. the programm analyzes the file so in the little window on the right you can see the details of your original file.
2. Here you choose the audio-settings you want your file to have. leave the source as automatic (or choose mplayer) and set the Encoder to "LAME MP3", set the Resample to 24000Hz, leave the channel to Original and if your original file does have more than one audio track than choose the one you want your encoded file to have.
In the window at the right choose the entry "LAME" and set the Mode to ABR and set the bitrate to 68 kbps. Leave the channel at stereo.
3. Click here when you have made the settings told above. Here you choose the video settings. Choose as Mode Three-Pass and as bitrate set 310kbps. as format you choose H.264 and as Container you choose Matroska. Leave the rest as default.
4. Click here when you want to set the start and the endtime of your file (cut out intros and outros etc.).
5. If you want to add subtitels out of an extern file you can do that here.
If everything is done then just click on the start button in the menue bar.
If you want more details in pictures etc. then tell me and i will do a mor detailed tutorial.